So I have seen quite a few blogs recently that have lists of life goals they'd like to accomplish, usually 30 things before 30. Or you could be really ambitious like my buddy Anide and have 111 things to do in 2011! As I'm quite good at sitting around doing nothing, I'm not so brave as to attempt the 111... so I'll just have to settle for 30 things to accomplish before I turn 30 (which is coming a bit too soon for my liking)!
|Japanese Spitz puppies|
- Finish PhD (duh)
- Go to the Amazon Rainforest
- Meet my sponsor kid in Ethiopia
- Get a Japanese Spitz puppy - they are so cute!
- Learn to play Für Elise on the piano - one of my most favourite songs ever
- Get at least 5 journal articles of my research published in decent scientific journals
- Get my driver's licence (though I'm pretty sure Husband would like this one to be on a list of 1 thing to do in 1 week haha)
- Swim at the beach - I had to get rescued by a lifesaver (embarrasing!) a few years ago when a bunch of us got caught in some suddenly awful surf conditions. I have not really gone in the water at the beach since - which is a shame because there are so many beaches around Sydney!
- Finish my honeymoon collage and put up in a frame. I have actually bought the frame now so that's a start!
- Read all the books I've bought but never read. Once I found this website, this became a bit of an issue with constant book buying!
- Go to New York - well I had to add some stuff I knew I could cross off soon!
- Get my lip pierced (sorry Mum)
- See another musical. I saw Wicked a few years ago and enjoyed myself a lot more than I expected! I might be going to see Mary Poppins on Broadway in NYC :)
- Dye my hair purple again (it wasn't fully purple but had big streaks)
- Give up caffeine for at least a month
- Wear my Banana/Hazmat coat out in public??
- Visit another castle (I would live in a castle if I could!)
- Visit all the museums at my uni. There are several, and I've only been to one - the anatomy museum which was VERY cool.
- Go to Questacon in Canberra - we went for a trip in school and it was great!
- Enrol (and complete) more Greek lessons
- Actually start and complete the couch-to-5K running program
- Speak in a fake accent for the whole day (suggestions on which accent...?)
- Go to the snow
- Make a roast dinner from scratch
- Give $50 to this busker I see all the time who is actually really good (I've seen him at least a couple of times a week for a few years, I keep telling myself I'll give him money one day and never do)
- Help out at a homeless shelter or similar
- Punch dance out my rage: see below for inspiration
So I've left a few blank - it is quite hard coming up with so many!
Please give me some suggestions?
P.S. Feel free to share in the comments a link to your blog post about your goals list!
P.P.S. I have now added a page of 30 before 30. So please check back THERE to see which ones I cross off, and any additions.