Friday 20 May 2011

The End is Nigh - Allegedly.

So according to these goobers:

SMH news article
The world is ending: TOMORROW! How do they know this? A series of numerological calculations of the bible of course. I find this interesting since I'm pretty sure the bible is kinda against this sort of practice!

Anyway, the reason I'm so amused by this is because when I was 8 years old, I remember a similar group of weirdos were proclaiming the world was ending on the weekend. I was too young to realise how misguided these people were, and spent the whole weekend terrified! I honestly did not sleep the whole time and was a wreck. Obviously, it worked out OK with the world not ending and all.
 
Just in case on the minuscule chance these people are right, I don't want to leave you in the lurch. After all, I do try to make this a helpful blog, what with my 'how to look like a banana' posts and such. Luckily you can be prepared for this: the CDC has kindly made a guide for Zombie Apocalypse Emergencies.

Thanks to EK for pointing this website out for me!

Make sure you check it out, because well you never know...




*Update: Well it's Sunday here and the world hasn't ended - big surprise. 
**2nd Update: It turns out that the 'similar weirdos' from when I was around 8 (which was 1993/4) was actually THE SAME guy. If he was wrong last time why did people believe him again!?! I now would like to sue this dude (he's got enough money) for contributing to quite the anxiety-filled childhood memory. Pfft.

3 comments:

  1. When I was about seven, we went to the London Planetarium, and there was a voiceover that said something about how the world was going to end in 250,000 years. I spent the better part of a week sleeping under the bed in case the world decided to fall on me while I was sleeping...

    Seriously, if the world ends tomorrow, I'm going to be SUPER pissed off. Because not only does it mean that the gallery I've spent two years of my life working on won't acutally open (opening is June 2nd), but because I'll be spending tomorrow surrounded by screaming six year olds at my niece's birthday party.

    Also, I'm impressed that someone at the CDC has a sense of humour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how anyone can claim to know exactly when the world will end... that is just weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you heard, but the EXACT SAME guy is now claiming that the world will end this October! *shakes head* Dude seriously needs a hobby.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...