Sunday 24 April 2011

Happy Easter!

[source]
I am trying this scheduling thing, hopefully it works! I have planned this post in advance because Husband and I will be away over the Easter long weekend. We are travelling to stay at a friend's farm from Sat-Mon. It's quite a few hours drive away and there is no mobile phone reception there (!). We've been there previously and it is so peaceful, relaxing and really pretty. They have alpaccas and ducks too! Also, we are heading down with some other friends who agreed to do all the driving which is lovely. 

So although I am away, I will say I hope you have a great Easter - or what they say in Greek: Χριστός ἀνέστη! = Christ is Risen (pronounced Christos Anesti)! 


P.S. In case you're wondering where the sudden Greek came from, it's because my Husband is Greek and I spent a fair bit of time last year trying to learn to speak it as a surprise at our wedding.


4 comments:

  1. Woo!! Glad to see your timed post worked! I have often thought about doing these but I can't figure out the whole time differences etc! Hope you had a lovely Easter!

    Missy
    http://takeallchances.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great break!

    I found Greek a little too advanced for me to get my head around when I went in 2009. (I guess it didn't help that I had to 'learn' about 5 other languages in the space of a month).

    The only one that I still remember is A FAIRIES TOE. ... real spelling? Eferisto? ....I just completely butchered that didn't I??? Oh well, it was the cutest saying a remember. Other than having to say Oui with a kiss at the end everytime. (which i didn't really do, our tour manager just did this and it stuck).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh yeh it is very hard to learn Greek properly - I understand quite a few words but am terrible at making them into sentences that make sense! And you were close, that is a hard word to say :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you two had a chance to get away for the holiday. With all of the lecturing, experimenting and paper-writing you had been doing, I think you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...