Sunday 10 April 2011

I know what the internet needs - yet ANOTHER blog.

This is something I've been considering for a while, mostly because it's a good way to procrastinate I feel. It seems all a bit self-indulgent though but I'll see how I go. So what do I have to contribute that's particularly new or interesting to the internet? Perhaps nothing... Wow this is gripping stuff so far.

I may as well start by talking about myself. I am in my 3rd year of a PhD degree. This is supposedly the time when all your research and ideas come together and a thesis should be the result. Personally, I don't see it happening just yet! I also teach tutorials and will even be doing a little bit of lecturing this year, which will be fun, but quite time consuming. Additionally, I got married at the end of last year (even though some people argue that getting married in the middle of a PhD is the worst idea ever, but oh well). Sometimes I even try to have friends and a life. So I suppose I'll be writing about juggling all of those things and trying to stay sane. I should probably also mention that I am a GIANT nerd. So I will also be talking about what I find interesting - nerdy science-y stuff. Finally, as you may guess from my desire to stay at uni for as long as possible and not get a real job, I am fighting the fact that I am growing up, and really actually old enough to be called an adult - ugh.

So I suppose I should get back to uni work now that I've successfully procrastinated and - OOH LOOK A SHINY THING.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! Babe.. It looks awesome! Can not wait to read more... XOXOX P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have totally come to stalk your blog when I saw it in my facebook feed (it's Edina FYI) :D

    While I agree that blogs are completely self-indulgent, I don't think that is enough reason for them NOT to be written :D Plus they are fun to read.

    I am over here: www.anidetoknowbasis.com

    Keep writing! You have a great 'writing voice'. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally impressed with how much you have on your blog after only a weekend! Welcome to blog world (p.s. saw you on 20 something bloggers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figured I'd start here at the beginning and work my way to the present :)

    Love your blog colors, by the way. Very soothing. Must stay away from that hamster, though, because the first time I came here to visit, I messed with it for like 10 to 15 minutes straight. Highly addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...