|Chocolate topping tar, and dog-poo frisbees.|
After being somewhat pleased at my attempt to make a pie last night (essentially just slow cooked casserole into the oven with pastry on top), and wanting a break from uni work, I decided to make some treats. Looking up recipes would have been a good idea, but I of course did not bother with that. My first attempt was little chocolate and peanut butter puffs. I decided to use some hershey's kisses. Well they didn't turn out too well, as unsurprisingly the pastry puffed up, and popped the chocolate and peanut butter off! I managed to get them back on, but the result was still underwhelming (puffs of pastry with what looked like tiny bits of dog poo on top). Then I turned to little pastry scrolls of chocolate and peanut butter. Not wanting to waste more hershey's (they are actually husbands'), the only other chocolate I could find was chocolate topping. That'll work right...? WRONG. Yet again the smell of burning has filled my house. All I can say is I'm glad I used baking paper so the baking tray isn't ruined (like when I had to chuck out the saucepan after burning icecream).