Monday 31 October 2011

Anniversary

Yesterday (Sunday) was my one year wedding anniversary with my husband. I can hardly believe it's been that long already! We didn't do too much, as we mostly celebrated a few weeks ago when we went to the Blue Mountains. We did however go out to dinner Saturday night - and got to see a lot of weird halloween costumes also. Unfortuantely Husband had a cold, so we kept the rest of the weekend fairly quiet, we've postponed our trip to the zoo 'til next week. As promised however I will now show you the present I gave him. It's nothing too big (as our present to each other was the trip), but he really seemed to like it anyway which is good. 



What is that? You ask. Well it's a picture frame with the speech I said to Husband at our wedding reception. It's not written in squibbly - it's actually Greek. For those of you who don't know, Husband is Greek and I spent the year leading up to our wedding secretly taking Greek lessons so I could surprise him and his family on the day.

I am usually not the sappy type, but I do think I'll share this. I forgot that just before my wedding I sent myself an email using the cool website FutureMe to be sent on our anniversary. So here it is (slightly edited):


Dear FutureMe,

Well today is the day before you got married! Very weird feeling indeed. I woke up this morning very early (not on purpose mind you!) thinking of all the things that still need to be done. The main thing at the moment though is to find out how to get rid of this stupid streaky fake-tan mishap! HAHA. You really can be a goober some times.

So one of the things I wanted to remind you of is how nervous and stressed [Husband] has been the last couple of days. Not about being married, but he has really wanted to make sure everything is just right for you and that you have the best day. He really cares about you so much, and the past couple of months have really been great. He has put so much effort in, and we've been able to work together to sort out some difficult issues.

How is your PhD going (or should I not ask? haha). Hopefully at least one paper has been published by now and quite a few more studies have been run!

Ok FutureMe, I have to go google 'how to remove fake tan'!

Hope when you read this you remember what a great wedding and honeymoon you had, and then go give [Husband] a giant kiss.
Bye!

P.S. Happy Anniversary :)

8 comments:

  1. Future Me is so great :) Love that site... and it's so amazing what you did! CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary!!!! (Hope the hubby feels better soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Aww you are so sweet (in regards to the gift) and so funny (furtureme) Love the idea of that site though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! That is a pretty awesome gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so incredibly sweet! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww!!! for both the greek speech AND the futureme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How romantic of you to learn Greek! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a lovely idea! Real like the frame! Might steal that idea :P

    Visiting from comment love day

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was really interesting to read! It's made me want to write a letter to my future self too. But I want to put in enough effort to do it properly so I may end up putting that off for a while... XD

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...