Tuesday 23 October 2012

Snippets v2

I tried to make blueberry muffins. I didn't nearly explode my kitchen this time, so that's a win. However the muffins were pretty awful to be honest. I think I need to admit that baking-wise I'm a one-trick pony with the banana muffins and stick to them (I think Husband agreed, but implied it in a much more diplomatic way).

After a few weeks off, I went for a run today. Hopefully I stick with it this time and run more regularly because I do actually enjoy it - once it's over.


A paper that I submitted to a journal came back with the decision "revise and resubmit". I was expecting it to be rejected so this is a pretty good outcome. The changes I have to make are a bit irritating but oh well. The editor said my paper has the potential to be quite important, which was very encouraging because I've definitely been thinking lately that my research sucks!


I'm on an organising committee for a conference in November. I was able to conveniently forget that fact for most of the year, but now that it's pretty soon I don't think that's possible anymore. 


My two-year wedding anniversary with Husband is a week away. I feel old. We haven't organised anything particularly spectacular to celebrate since we had our weekend away a couple of weeks ago as a present to each other. It's weird because it feels like two years has gone past extremely quickly, but at the same time it feels like we've been married a lot longer - in a nice, comfortable way, not in a 'this is really dragging on when will it end' kind of way!


Lastly, I've been laughing a lot at the below youtube clip. It's pretty old, but I love the guys' enthusiasm for rainbows! It has also been turned into a song, which unfortunately has been stuck in my head for a couple of weeks.



 
"What does it mean!?"

Feel free to share any snippets of your own in the comments. You know you want to. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the paper! That is always a good feeling.....even if the revisions are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your paper! Don't feel too bad about blueberry muffins, mine are a real hit and miss. Sometimes they are just awesome, other times, they are really bad! We celebrated two years this year too - time flies doesn't it? xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, good reply for paper!
    I'm sure you can find another baking goodie in the kitchen. Don't give up. Maybe the recipe your using sucks? Try the Donna Hay Classics cookbooks. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for running! I am back at it tomorrow after a 70 hour work week last week, which I used as my excuse not to run, ha. Speaking of muffins, Publix makes these awesome apple spice muffins. I have no shame in buying them...frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behind on blog reading - so congratulations on your paper!

    I'm just getting back into running again too, has your habitbstuck? I hope so as yes, you do feel good at the end!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...