Monday 27 August 2012

Not Taken.

... well at the moment anyway. In other words, I arrived safely in London and made it to my hotel without incident. Well unless you count the fact that I didn't realise it's a bank holiday here today and therefore I had to pay public holiday rates for my taxi from the airport - ouch. I know I could have caught the train instead but I've previously had pretty bad experiences dragging around luggage in overly crowded stations - and that was with Husband there to do most of the heavy lifting!

When I arrived at my hotel my room wasn't ready yet, so I left my luggage there and wandered up the street to the British Museum to kill time. It was even better than I was expecting. The building is awesome and the exhibits are very detailed and interesting. My lack of sleep during the flights did start to hit me though about halfway through and I stopped paying attention and taking photos. I may have to go back another day.

I did take my own photos of the museum but the people taking photos for the British Museum website obviously did a much better job!
In other news, I have an update from my last post where I said I had no researchers to meet with. I am now meeting one tomorrow morning and another the next day, and I have another person I'm supposed to call soon too! Aargh. I'm really not great at talking to strangers anyway, but I'm sure this will be worse considering they're extremely smart and important and I'm trying to convince them they should hire me. So after getting back from the museum I had a nap and then went back to studying for my meetings (I hope there won't be a test!).

It also turns out a couple of my friends will be in London as well in the next few days, so things have worked out quite nicely in that regard. I also really like the suburb I'm staying in. So overall, if I pretend I don't have scary meetings coming up I can say so far so good and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for arriving safely and not being 'taken'! Hope that you enjoy your stay, and that the meetings with the researchers go well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the British Museum!! OBVIOUSLY. It's been far too long (ten years - eek!) since I visited the UK. I'll have to get on that, once I finish uni and have a job and money and stuff...

    Hope you have a great time and that the meetings aren't too terrifying!! I'm sure you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your right on track. Glad to hear you arrived safety, looks like your not gonna be short on fun things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun even in your meetings! Throughout the whole thing, just keep thinking, "well. At least I'm not taken!" You'll be ready to face anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Good luck in your meetings, praying they are successful and amount to awesome things. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...